One of the most difficult tasks for any babysitter in Dubai is to take care of an infant. They have so much energy and stamina that it is difficult, except for the young and physically active, to keep up with them. Combine this excess energy with natural curiosity and you have a recipe for disaster. For a babysitter it is a mortifying occasion when an infant in care meets with an accident. Not only do they have an injured child to take care of, they often have long explanations to give to the parent and listen to admonishment too. But if you are a babysitter in Dubai, or a mother who needs a babysitter in Dubai, you need to know what to do so as to avoid accidents. Here is a checklist of the most common accidents that happen to infants and how to avoid them.
Keep all electric appliances out of reach. Kettles, irons, hair-dryers, etc. are cause for many accidents and it is best they are kept in a secure place where the child has no access.
- Use child safe locks on drawers and cupboards to prevent the child from opening them accidently. There are things like, knives, spokes, needles, and other such dangerous items in drawers and cupboards that can hurt a child. Keep them secure with the child lock.
- Use stair gates. One of the most common injuries is a child falling down the stairs. To prevent access to the stair well, install gates or block it off with a heavy bit of furniture to prevent the child from using the stairs without assistance.
- Keep all harmful chemicals, medicines and cleaning agents away from the curious hands of a child. More children are taken to emergency rooms for treatment of accidental ingestion of a harmful substance than Doctors will care to tell you. So, keep temptation at bay and keep them safely away from the child.
- Designate a play area and keep it clear of any clutter. This will reduce the chances of falling or tripping.
- Secure all heavy items so they do not topple over and crush the child if accidently knock against.
- If there are any electrical sockets within reach, make sure that they are child proof. If not, then put in blank plugs in them to prevent a child from accidently sticking his/her finger in and getting electrocuted.
- Fill in all gaps in grills and railing to prevent a child from slipping through and falling down.
- Never leave the bathroom door open.
- Avoid bringing a child into the kitchen while cooking. If you have to keep them secure in a high chair or in a safe place away from where there is a fire anything hot.
All it needs is a little bit of care and practical thinking to. If you are prepared in advance, accidents can be avoided, or their severity can be reduced. So, take care when you are babysitting and never leave a child unattended while it is awake.